This week’s episode of the Military Entrepreneur Show features Navy Veteran turned MPM, PhD & PMP —Eric Wright. He is a two-service, two-era Military Veteran; Co-Founder and CEO of Vets2PM; an experienced, credentialed project manager and recognized mentor; and an entertaining instructor/public speaker on project management, PMI’s PMP and CAPM exams, and on project manager development. Eric helps Military Veterans become Project Managers through inspiration, training, preparation, and presentation to the PM hiring community. For more information, please visit www.vets2pm.com.
Eric shares his story of transitioning out of military service and going on to earn multiple certifications- including six sigma, PMP, and a Masters in Project Management. He served in various roles along the way- including working as a financial auditor at DFAS. As he continued to pursue his educational goals, Eric fell in love with teaching while working as an instructor at the University. Learn more about Eric and how he’s helping the Veteran community leverage their project management skillset and become certified and back to work, post-transition.
In this episode Eric and Dan discuss:
- Eric’s transition out of the military- then earning multiple certifications
- When Eric discovered his passion as a teacher, speaker, and entrepreneur
- The challenges and hurdles Eric is facing and overcoming with his business
- How your military experience translates into Project Management
- PMP preparation, testing & certification
- Key things to be aware of when transitioning out of the military into the workforce
- Resources to help you land a job as a Project Management Professional
Connect with Eric: